TOGETHER WE MAKE CHANGES HAPPEN!
1 April 2022
Next to my role as Business Partner Management (as described below) I have been appointed as the new Program Manager and made responsible for a substantial program. The goal regarding this massive program is to implement a new IT landscape (JAVA and Building Blocks), new processes and to implement shared services for the Car Tax division. The program has the working title “the vMRB” (The Renewal of the Motor Vehicle Tax). I am happy to work together with more than 100 knowledgeable colleagues on this challenging program. The program started already 7 years ago (many delay’s) and has been audited several times. Like an extensive audit report of the Adviescollege ICT-toetsing executed early 2022 (please see here the report in Dutch). My assignment is to make sure that this time (before the end of 2022) we will go live with the over 156.000 trucks running at the new IT landscape. Next to the above I have to create a plan how, when and what’s required to go live with the other over 10 million motor vehicles like Busses, Motorbikes and Cars on the road.
Exciting times ahead……!
1 January 2022
Business Partner Management for the Car division of the Dutch Tax Authorities. In this role I support the Director and Management team of this division consisting over 400 people at various subjects like: Risk Management, Large Programs, Coaching, Vision 2022, BI/MI etc.
31 December 2021 — It’s official!! —
With an early visit to the notary’s office this morning, I started my own company: ‘Wim de Gier Interim (program) management B.V.’.
For decades I have been responsible for international programs to transform and harmonise businesses. As a coach I have helped and motivated dozens of colleagues around the globe to explore new territories for a happier (work) life.
Over the last months the feeling grew that is the right moment for me to start a new personal era. Continuing to do what I love most: helping organizations with their digital transformation and other challenges while coaching managers and teams to a next level along the way. I am very excited to bring my knowledge and energy into new, various assignments, teams and companies!!
From June 2020 to December 2021 I have joined KWD as one of their Program Managers. KWD is in the Netherlands the leading company in Project- and Program Management and one of the companies of the Conclusion Group.
KWD stands for:
K: Being able (Kunnen)
W: Want (Willen)
D: Dare (Durven)
I am happy with this new step in my career!
- My first assignment (June – December 2020) was to make sure that a large program (the WMO2020) at the CAK would get in control as the program timelines (including costs and quality) slipped by nearly one year. We had to be ready by the end of 2020. This program consisted of 9 teams with 126 team members. With a new structure and enormous positive drive (a combination of Program Management and Safe/Agile) we all made this happen! I am very proud of this team and all there hard work to really finish this program with the quality expected. We also stayed with-in our budget. Please see a blog on LinkedIn about the program closure here.
- My second assignment just started (February 2021) as Business partner Management for the Dutch Tax Authorities to support and advice the Director and Management team of the Car Tax division.
In my role as Global Program Director, I work in a structured and pragmatic way with SAFe and Prince2. The last one more as a reference and not the complete methodology. As a certified SAFe Program Consultant and IPMA Level B Senior Project Manager I have been responsible for global change and digital projects in Australia, New Zealand, Arabic Emirates, Brazil, Mexico, India, USA and most of the European countries.
In my projects I use SAFe, Agile and Scrum. I also use the Prince2 methodology in a pragmatic way. This means that I use the most important / critical items like; Risk management, Stakeholder management, Finance, Resourcing etc. I call this “Prince2 cherry picking”.
Colleagues call me a rainmaker as I love to make strong connections at all levels in organisations. I also connect and motivate people throughout the entire company to create committed and passionate (global) project teams. Several projects and programs I have been responsible for, have been recognized as standard for the industry. I feel privileged that several multinationals like IBM (see interview) and respected research companies like Gartner have asked me to talk about my projects (please see also some examples below).
Recently I have been responsible to implement a global web 2.0 social business collaboration and knowledge sharing project called LinkedPeople, for 38 companies in 32 countries. Next to that we had to develop and implement mobile apps and portals around the globe.
I have been responsible to manage an international harmonization program (20 international projects in 32 countries) to harmonize local processes for our international clients. For example we had to consolidate information for international companies who use shared service centres. With this program we support this major global trend. In several global companies these programmes (introduced by McKinsey) are often named “the power of one”.
Project examples in the past: (see also a world map of the countries involved)
- International insurance reporting project (FIRE, Fleet Insurance REporting) to harmonise and consolidate Insurance reporting in 28 countries. See the promotion video here.
- Harmonisation Program (SONG, Synchronising Our Needs Globally) for our international business (20 global projects in 32 countries) which increased our international business.
- Define, Develop and Global roll-out of Mobile apps. (See interview in Dutch)
- Define, Develop and Global roll-out of a Social Media/Business package (LinkedPeople). See the promotion video here and a vision / “What’s next” video here.
- Culture change and employee engagement projects.
- Global Information Security Program based on the Octave methodology.
- Define, Develop and Roll-Out Project for a world wide Fleet Managers application (FleetReporting) with over 200.000 world wide users. For the European countries this application runs in a data center in Dublin and implementations in 32 countries.
- Web 2.0 and social business strategy.
- Implementation reporting systems in Brasil, Slovakia, Poland and Ireland which delivered important insights for over 40.000 clients.
- Define, Develop and (Global) Roll-out of a CRM package.
- Car Database Application in 32 countries.
Next to my Global Project/Program Management role I present (keynote speaker) regarding (project)management and social business topics at international congresses. Amongst others I have presented in Amsterdam, Athens, Brisbane (IPMA World Congress), Brussels, Boston (Keynote speaker Enterprise 2.0), Delhi, Dubrovnik, Edinburgh, London (i.a. Get social and Gartner Portal, Content and Collaboration Summit) , Orlando, Utrecht and Rotterdam. Besides presenting I have been the chairman during several Apps in Business, Social Business, IT and Project Management congresses.
2.) For the International Project Management Association (IPMA) I have three roles:
a.) Member of the Dutch Examination Board (from 2004 to 2015)
c.) International IPMA Project Excellence Assessor
Based on the IPMA International Project Excellence framework I execute assessments on (international) projects and programs in various countries around the globe. Please see my blog about an assessment in Nanjing China (July 2015) here. I was pleased that this project won the Golden award at the IPMA World Congress in Panama (Sept. 2015). Please see my blog about this prestigious congress (the Olympics of Project Management) here.
3.) Chairman Dutch Hang Gliding Association
In November 2019 I took a new voluntarily role as the Chairman of the the Dutch Hang Gliding Association with-in the overall Royal Dutch Aviation Association (the KNVvL). My aim is to grow the number of hang gliding pilots in the next three years. In other words: to stop the decline. The first and important action was to launch this new website www.LeerNu Deltavliegen.nl
Financials, HRM, SCM, ERP, CRM, IT, Agile, Scrum, Prince2, IPMA ICB4, IPMA PE PEB Model, Global Multicultural Projects, Web 2.0, Information Security, Social Business Software, Cultural change, NLP, Coaching, Keynote speaker, Assessor, Program Auditor, Congress Chairman.
Chairman Wim de Gier on apps in business congress
20-11-2013 Amsterdam Arena
Welcome video apps in business “It’s all about connecting people”.